Not all are able to walk on high heels. However, there are certain occasions that require you to wear one. If that time comes, here’s how you could go through the high heel occasion with a smile on your face.
- Practice standing using high heels. In front of a full-length mirror, stand while wearing your high heels and turn on each side. This activity will not only help you correct bad posture; this can also help you to get accustomed to the additional height experienced by your heels.
- Walk a few steps while in high heels. In doing this activity, you must first practice on a wooden floor. Once you feel that you’re okay with it, train next on a low carpeting floor. Don’t rush yourself and start immediately with thick carpeting. This will only lead to loss of balance.
- Keep your legs straight and close together as you walk. Make sure to keep your feet as straight as possible as you walk. You can initially start slowly and once you get the hang of it, you can then increase your speed. While doing this activity, you have to slowly start building confidence as you walk. Having confidence will prevent you from falling.
- Walk back and forth turning in different directions while on your heels. You must learn to make a turn without wobbling or falling. Once you are done with this, practice on different floor surfaces.
- Practice makes perfect. Walking on heels is a completely different experience. Hence, if you don’t want to fall flat on your face, practice walking on it. This may sound silly but this is something that you really have to do. Practice will make your feet feel comfortable while you’re on high heels.
- Do a simulation. Practice the things that you might do while wearing your high heels. You can practice sitting, standing, dancing and many more. This will help you be prepared when the actual stuffs happen during the event.
- Be extra cautious when going up and down the stairs. If you’re climbing up or going down a staircase, it would be better to grab the railings. If you don’t want to completely grab the rails, you can just get as close to it as possible. Make sure that your shoes and feet land firmly on each steps of the stair.
These are just some of the things that you can do in order to prepare yourself on the actual occasion. Wearing high heels is a real challenge that needs practice. It is not something that will immediately come to you. Never be afraid of high heels. There are things that you can do in order to conquer it.